Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship

Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship

Do you have an interest in engineering and want to learn while you are on the job? Do you have an existing qualification and want to further your career? The manufacturing engineering apprenticeship could be the answer.

On completion of this three year apprenticeship, you will become a fully qualified manufacturing engineer, with a QQI Level 7 Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Engineering.

You may then choose to work as a manufacturing engineer in the manufacturing industry across sectors such as Pharma, Med-tech, engineering and food.

What does a manufacturing Engineer do?

A manufacturing engineer facilitates efficient operations within the production area, to optimise existing processes, implement new processes and to ensure that production goals are met. In this role, you will monitor the performance of equipment, machines and tools and correct equipment problems.

As a manufacturing engineer, you will analyse and solve problems using basic engineering principles leading to new or improved products. You will also apply project management methodologies to manage production and product design.

What skills will i learn?

By the end of your training, you will be able to:

  • Develop solutions to a variety of problems using basic engineering principles, theories and concepts
  • Use principles and methodologies of project management and quality management to streamline and optimise processes
  • Use 6 Sigma principles to drive data driven process improvement projects
  • Understand and carry out advanced manufacturing processes
  • Use process planning (PP), computer aided process planning (CAPP) and capacity planning
  • Install electrical, electronic and mechanical sensors; signal-conditioning; and digital interfacing in engineering systems
  • Comply with the appropriate industry regulatory framework
  • Apply advanced manufacturing processes to product design and production.


The Role:

Rev 1 Precision is offering an opportunity into the high-growth Medical, Bio-pharmaceutical and Pharmaceutical industries through the New Industry-led Manufacturing Engineering Apprenticeship Programmes.

The Programme:

This Apprenticeship is a 3 year programme, with an approved employer, with 70% of the time spent on the job and the remaining 30% spent in an allocated Institute of Technology.

The Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Engineering (Apprenticeship), Level 7 is a 3-year programme, where you “earn while you learn”.  You will combine learning in a higher education institution with a real job working on active projects at Rev 1 Precision.

Your academic training block release away from on the job training with Rev 1 Precision will account for 15 weeks of the year and you will earn a full salary for both on-the-job and off-the-job phases. You will learn the engineering basics you’ll need for your future role. You will primarily work on all stages of product creation and modification. This means supporting activities ranging from early concept, design, and development stages.

As well as receiving first-class training and support, you will work alongside and learn from some of the most respected and highly qualified professionals in their field.

By the end, you will have a string of impressive qualifications and the solid foundation you need to build your future here.

We will pay your tuition and course fees and give you a generous holiday allowance as part of your package. You can also expect to be on a competitive salary following completion of the programme.

The Person:

You will be innovating, ambitious, curious, have a hunger to learn. You will love nothing more than tackling complex problems. Thinking about how things could work better. You will always act with integrity and model your behavior on the Rev 1 Precision values. You will represent Rev 1 Precision in a transparent and honest manner setting a strong example for others to follow. You will learn to design and articulate complex concepts.

What else do you need to know?

Entry Requirements:
Pass (Grade O6 or better) in five leaving certificate subjects, 2 of which must be maths and a language (English or Irish) 250 CAO points. In the case of a mature student (over 23 years) an industry interview is required.

We will only accept applications made to us via email. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact

Rev 1 Precision is an equal opportunities employer, which cultivates opinion, listens to all views with respect, recognizes people based on their merits without bias and embraces diversity.

What you will get

  • Higher education qualification (B.Eng.)
  • Ability to “Earn while you learn”
  • Increasing your employ-ability – ability to contribute immediately in the workplace
  • Reduce the cost of your education

REV 1 Precision Engineering is an equal opportunity employer


Scroll to Top